• $0.00
    0
  • Just Added:


    Qty:0Subtotal: $0.00


Just Released!

Business Information Management

Applying Business & Information Technology Skills for Workplace Readiness

Part of the Texas Proclamation 2017 Textbook Adoption

Description

Business Information Management is a comprehensive, skills-based textbook. Students use their computer applications skills to produce professional business documents. With a strong focus on workplace readiness and communication and writing skills, students reinforce their touch typing skills, create word processing documents, develop spreadsheets, build databases, design desktop publishing documents, and make digital presentations using the appropriate software for the task at hand.

Students also explore the vital role technology has in the workplace, including the importance of managing information systems. This textbook culminates with students working in teams while collaborating on a final assessment.

Units Include

Unit 1: Professionalism in the Workplace
Unit 2: Information Systems
Unit 3: Managing Information Systems
Unit 4: File Management
Unit 5: Word Processing
Unit 6: Databases
Unit 7: Spreadsheets
Unit 8: Presentations
Unit 9: Desktop Publishing
Unit 10: Pitch It! Final Assessment

Features
  • Use with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, or equivalent applications
  • Hands-on school and workplace-themed projects using word processing, databases, spreadsheets, presentations, desktop publishing, and software integration
  • Concludes with a final project where students collaborate as they work in teams
  • Includes free Companion Website access for students and instructors
  • Meets 97% of the TEKS for Texas Proclamation 2017 Textbook Adoption. Additional lessons have been added to Unit 7 on the Companion Site to meet the remaining 3% of the TEKS.
Culminating Final Project: Pitch It!

This textbook concludes with a culminating final project called Pitch It!. In this mini-simulation, students utilize their information technology skills as they work in teams to create a new product and introduce it to the market.

Pitch It! Scenario:

As young entrepreneurs, students are required to research and develop a variety of documents that they will use to support and "pitch" their idea to the CEO of Pitch It!, Inc. (the teacher), similar to that of the popular reality TV show, "Shark Tank." Students will ultimately experience exactly what happens in the real world where aspiring entrepreneurs create "elevator pitches" to potential investors. The goal of this final project is simple: To have Pitch It!, Inc. hear and love the students' ideas so that they receive the necessary financial backing to bring their product to market.

 

 

Online Student and Instructor Resources

Student and Instructor Resources for this textbook are included with a student textbook or digital eBook purchase (minimum 10) and are housed on our interactive digital eLearning platform, eCTE.com.

eText License Information
    • Each eText license code, once redeemed, is valid for 1 year or 6 months from the date of first log in
    • One license code is required per student
    • License codes do not expire and can be redeemed at any time
    • A minimum order of 10 license codes is required

    eTexts are housed in our interactive digital eLearning platform, eCTE.com.

    About Our eLearning Platform (eCTE.com)
    Our eLearning platform (eCTE.com) delivers interactive digital eLearning content for Career and Technical Education.

    For more information about eCTE.com, click here
    Specifications

    Grade: 9-12

    Textbook (Min. 5) (Print)
    ISBN: 978-1-626891-18-0
    Author: The Development Team at B.E. Publishing
    © 2017
    Size: 8.5" x 11"
    Page Count: 440
    Print Color: Full Color
    Binding: Hardcover

    Student eText (Min. 10) (eCTE.com)
    ISBN: 978-1-62689-491-4
    Author: The Development Team at B.E. Publishing
    © 2018
    Size: 8.5" x 11"
    Print Color: Full Color

    Student eText (Min. 10) (eCTE.com)
    ISBN: 978-1-62689-492-1
    Author: The Development Team at B.E. Publishing
    © 2018
    Size: 8.5" x 11"
    Print Color: Full Color

    Print Options

    Item # Item Name ISBN Qty. Unit Price Total
    TB-BIM-WB Textbook (Min. 5) 9781626891180 $88.95

    Digital Options

    Item # Item Name ISBN Qty. License Duration (Once Activated) Unit Price Total
    TB-BIM-EB Student eText (Min. 10) 9781626894921 $19.95
    TB-BIM-EB Student eText (Min. 10) 9781626894914 $25.95
    Product Total: $0.00