Orthopedic Taping, Wrapping, Bracing, and Padding
Comprehensive coverage—now in full color!
Master the art and science of taping, wrapping, bracing, and padding techniques for the prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of common athletic injuries and conditions.
Step by step, the author details multiple methods for each injury/condition—not just the most popular approach You’ll learn which technique to use and how to analyze the effectiveness of the technique. Full-color photographs give you a clear understanding of each step. Insightful discussions develop the critical-thinking skills you need to meet the needs of the client.
- More than 200 taping, wrapping, bracing, and padding techniques.
- Learning objectives, illustrations for anatomy review, and a brief discussion of common injuries and conditions in all body region chapters.
- “Research Brief” boxes offering objective information on the effectiveness of techniques.
- Wrap-up summary and references at the end of each chapter.
- Case studies promoting critical thinking within an actual prevention, treatment, and therapeutic exercise protocol—also featured at the end of each chapter.
- If/Then sections offering guidance on how to choose the most appropriate technique.
- Helpful Hints including quick tips and other "tricks of the trade."
- Sidebars showing unique perspectives on the "first use" and history of the names of specific taping techniques.
- Alternate solutions for situations where budgets, supplies or facilities are limited.
- Coverage of mandatory equipment and equipment fitting for common sports.
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Test Bank
- Image Bank
- Instructor's Guide
- Quiz Show Board Clues
- Image Files
Table of Contents
1. Tapes, Wraps, Braces, and Pads
2. Facility Design for Taping, Wrapping, Bracing, and Padding
II. Injuries and Conditions of the Lower Body
3. Foot and Toes
5. Lower Leg
7. Thigh, Hip, and Pelvis
III. Injuries and Conditions of the Upper Body, Thorax, Abdomen, and Spine
8. Shoulder and Upper Arm
9. Elbow and Forearm
11. Hand, Fingers, and Thumb
12. Thorax, Abdomen, and Spine
IV. Protective Equipment
13. Protective Equipment and Padding
Sample Review Copy
To request a Sample Review Copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address, and the name of the title being requested.
Also, you can download a Sample Preview PDF of select chapters from any of our Health Science titles by clicking here.
Orthopedic Taping, Wrapping, Bracing, and Padding (Print)
Author: Joel W. Beam EdD, LAT, ATC
Page Count: 504
Print Color: Full Color